Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Crafting with Kids at home

So We all know that this blog is mainly Crafts. This upcoming Year of 2015 I will be introducing some mommy chat on here. I hope y'all don't mind. So with that being said I will begin with explaining how I manage to craft and still keep up with my crafty projects while 4 kids are running around my house.

Well I usually set up a time to craft in my Personal Filofax. Because lets face it My children are my life and they will always come first.  Although sometimes my little one who is 7 wants to keep me company I take out the ugliest scrap paper ( lets face it we all have that one paper we hate) and I take out my Fiskars or Martha Stewart punches and just let him punch away. We call it crafting time. Now while Nirvana and guitar sounds(yes we were crazy and got our oldest a guitar for christmas) are blasting from my Two oldest kids bedroom (yes they share a room), I put on my own headphones and get crafty with some of my Fav crafty YouTubers.

The hardest thing is making time. Not finding time. I will make a video, Then go play mine craft with my 10 yr old while the video is uploading.  Or do a load of the unforgiving pile of laundry that I have had since the kids have been home for holiday break, While I upload or edit a video. Mom is short for multitasker.(lol)

Tip 1) If you are crafting and have a little little one don't be afraid to let them get dirty. I used to love to let my 7yr old play with my markers while I was working on a project. Some of my favorite drawings have came from this time.

Tip 2) if your kids are being loud it just means they are having fun. So get some headphones and craft away lol.

Tip 3) if you have a project for a DT due pre record or make the videos when you have the time. With kids things always come up.  I learned this first hand two weeks ago when my little one had a stomach bug

Well this is my Mom life hope you all stick around to see what happens next for this crazy crafty mom of 4 and I hope you enjoy my new 2015 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment